Celebrating International Women's Day: Women in Special Event Businesses: Melissa Musgrove

Today is International Women's Day , and I am celebrating Women in Business, particularly those in our Special Events industry.  I decided not to write about myself, as my life is all over my business social media:  I am an entrepreneurer, owner of two event -related businesses, a trainer, professional speaker, mentor, a mother, a daughter, a to-be-wife to my sweetheart, seeker of inspiration, hell-raiser, pot-stirrer if it means bringing light & progress, lover of music and so much more.  The bottomline is that I just get a great big kick out of life.  

I was captivated today by the following essay from Santa Barbara-based professional photographer Melissa Musgrove on what being a woman means to her.  I could not find the words to articulate my journey as well as she did today, and am so inspired, I am sharing it here, with her permission.   I think it may be safe to say that she captured many of us women in business and all we are, how we feel and what we do in a very authentic way.  Thank you, Melissa. 



 ______________________________________
Melissa Musgrove, Photographer, Daughter, Sister, Wife...
Some thoughts on being me, a woman, in a salute to ‪#‎internationalwomensday‬
 
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt, friend, business owner and volunteer. 

I've been mediocre, okay, good, really good, and dare I say, at times, excellent. 


I desire to learn, be open minded, and try new things and adventures.


I’m strong and vulnerable. I don’t let fear stand in my way. A challenge motivates me.

I have liberal, moderate, and conservative ideas and ideals.
I have voted in every election since I was 18. 


I’m grateful for diversity.
 

Every. Single. Day. I pray for my family, the world’s most vulnerable, and peace.

I change my mind. Others can change it too.

I’ve been labeled "too young", just the "right age", and at some point I may hear “too old”.

I’ve never seen myself that way. If it weren’t for mirrors, photos and birth dates, I wouldn’t know what age I am. 


I've spent a lifetime honing my craft, skills, and reputation in business. I'm interested in more than one thing and one way.

Not only am I more than you know. I’m more than I know.

_________________________________________

You can get to know Melissa more by visiting her Website

-------------------------------------------------

Engaging Inspiration provides inspiring marketing, social media and training solutions designed to sparkle and engage for the wedding business and venue  

Comments