Speaking Engagement for NACE | "The El Nino Protection Plan Every Event Pro Should Know"

When I was first asked to speak at NACE Ventura, it was under the context of seeking my


professional recommendations on my own course of action for my client's events for the upcoming El Nino season. While I was honored to be asked to share my professional perspective, I felt I wanted to take it further and be of deeper service to my colleagues. My
Above Photos by Alex Neumann
passion is bringing people together and connecting them as well as encouraging new ways to think about coming together that can equate to revenue. I shared my counter-proposal to NACE and it was accepted.  For several weeks, I worked to refine my idea to bring it forward as well as collaborate with other experts in their respective fields to prepare for this presentation at The Gardens at Los Robles.  


The evening was lovely and the star-studded sky after an unseasonably warm day provided the perfect backdrop to present some inspiration with some fantastic event industry colleagues. Photographer Alex Neumann captured the soul of the event perfectly in his images below (make sure you scroll down to the last photo - my personal favorite one of the entire evening).

Special touches included event "favors" that were rain ponchos wrapped in bands saying, "It's
going to be a wet one"; cornhole with "sandbags";  puddle-themed centerpieces with wellies and sunflowers;  decorative umbrellas, and our signature "Little Black Boxes" for a select few winners of the El Nino pop quiz we gave.

Beyond a quick meteorlogical overview, this presentation took a hard look at what is going to be necessary during the El Nino season practically from voices in our industry, as well as a fresh, re-think and perspective on how to band together to make El Nino work for you and new revenue opportunities for current and new clients. 

 I am pleased to say that this presentation received some interest from other national event organizations and may also be featured on various Webinars coming up, so stay tuned!

Heartfelt thanks to the following:  Sponsors: The Gardens at Los Robles; Floral Designs by Roni; Creative Coverings Inc.; Cover 2 Cover Music |   Contributors of Content:  KEYT TV, Ventura Rental Party Center, Spark Creative Events, Passion Flowers Design, Cody Floral Design  and all of the beautiful photography by Alex Neumann.

 
Above Photos by Alex Neumann


Above Photos by Alex Neumann

Above Photos by Alex Neumann

Above Photos by Alex Neumann

Above Photos by Engaging Inspiration

Above Photos by Alex Neumann

Above Photos by Alex Neumann

Favorite Photo of the Night: When the featured speaker of the evening (left, Kerry Lee) and a colleague (right, Heidi Whitcomb of Ventura Rental Party Center) bamboozle event photographer Alex Neumann into doing a selfie.

________________________________________________________________________

Engaging Inspiration provides sparkling training, marketing and social media solutions to the wedding and special event industry that are designed to inspire and engage.  

Comments